Are you looking for a Linux VPS and remote desktop? READ This before purchasing

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Update:

Premade templates for both Openvz and KVM are now available.

On OpenVZ select Ubuntu ubuntu-15.04 xrdp
On KVM Select Ubuntu then ubuntudesktop

These use XRDP and have Remote Desktop access. You can connect with Microsoft Remote desktop to the IP address.

Username: kvm
password: root password chosen at sign up

Last edited:

XPMai

Is it ideal to use for browsing purpose? (i.e. Does it lag when browsing using a browser multiple tabs?)

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
The template uses Xfce which is the lowest memory usage X windows system, and firefox is preinstalled.

Enough tabs you will see lag. On a 1GB ram vps, There wouldn't be any issues I can think of with 4 - 5 tabs. 30 tabs I would expect slowness.

kfcomg

I selected ubuntu-15.04 xrdp and logged in but met the login failed error. Also, I can't even access my VPS through putty using root + password. I changed root password and tried to log in again but still no luck.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
On this the user name is kvm to log into the GUI. However please contact support to check further as we will need the login details to investigate.

pawlo.litasi

Enough tabs you willsee lag. On a 1GB ram vps, There wouldn't be any issues I can think of with 4 - 5 tabs. 30 tabs I would expect slowness.
Kodi nox

Last edited:

Pistle

1. Click on Start button. Click on the search field. Type “remote desktop.” Click on “>Remote Desktop Connection.”
  2. Type your IP address of your Windows 10 VPS.
  3. A new window will be displayed. You will have to insert your user name and password.
If you enter the credentials correctly, you will be able to sign in successfully. You will find remote desktop being opened in Remote Desktop Connection.