bandwidth question

robertforveve

I want to start hosting some sites on a vps from interserver. What happens if my vps will go over 1TB bandwidth and i have no bandwidth left that month?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
The options are

slices can be updated to add more bandwidth

system can be turned off until the next month

or more bandwidth can be purchased

robertforveve

The options are

slices can be updated to add more bandwidth

system can be turned off until the next month

or more bandwidth can be purchased
Ok, so i have more questions:
1. The bandwidth count only income or out or both?
2. How much cost more bandwidth?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Bandwidth is both in / out.

1 extra slice adds
1GB ram
25GB space
1TB bandwidth
for $6 / mo on openvz. It is $8 on kvm (and $9 on ssd openvz).

hansenlaw

The future of the internet (atleast in terms of buying it) is in unlimited bandwidth. I switched over to 26 Mbps unlimited (Yeah it`s truly unlimited, I`ve tested it by downloading 1000 Gigs in a month). Search your area for an internet provider that sells a similar plan.

robertforveve

The future of the internet (atleast in terms of buying it) is in unlimited bandwidth. I switched over to 26 Mbps unlimited (Yeah it`s truly unlimited, I`ve tested it by downloading 1000 Gigs in a month). Search your area for an internet provider that sells a similar plan.
I don't understand what you say. The Bandwidth is unlimited or if i buy more bandwidth will be unlimited or what?

hansenlaw

I meant to say you should invest in a plan that has unlimited bandwidth, so you don't have anything to worry about later on.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Currently only more slices can be added for more bandwidth.

There are no unmetered bandwidth plans being offered on vps's right now.

Dez97

You either need to purchase my bandwidth, or your system will be down until the next month of bandwidth starts unless you purchase more to be added.

Rohan99

If you exceed your 1TB bandwidth then you will have to wait until the next month when your bandwidth is renewed or you can purchase more bandwidth. When you run out of bandwidth then your system will not be able to transfer data and so it will shut down.

Holunderminze

But how much money on bandwidth is reasonable to put out? Doesn't it become quite pricey over time? How to get unlimited amount I didn't understand.

camsdad

My mind is blown away by the idea of having unlimited bandwidth at my disposal. I wouldn't even know what to do with it all. Did you do this through interserver or someplace else?