CAPTCHA PROBLEMS

DJL

On your login page
(https://my.interserver.net/login.php)
The Primary Captcha is an insufferable nuisance, as it presents blurry images whose content is almost always impossible to discern; moreover, the Alternate Captcha DOES NOT WORK!
Captcha is a stupid, stinking, lousy PAIN IN THE ASS, a relic of the past that is used only rarely these days, and that should be replaced by something better or dismissed altogether.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
We recently added the alternative captcha as a possible replacement for google in the future.

On alternative captcha what errors, if any are you getting (I am sending this thread to a developer to also give it another look and test it).

Currently the reason this is on is because there are frequent brute force attacks on the my.interserver.net login system. Originally through the security system in place we could just rate limit the login page per ip which was enough, then over time this changed to brute forces coming from many different ips. The captcha so far is the only way that has totally blocked it.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Some changes on alternative captcha have been made to make it easier to read (and its only numbers now).