Do you visit Facebook as much as you did in the past?

If it comes to me I don't go on Facebook as much as I did. I think that there's more interesting things you can be doing during the day, and Facebook is a perfect time-waster that consumes a lot of time.

suegiplaye

If it comes to me I don't go on Facebook as much as I did. I think that there's more interesting things you can be doing during the day, and Facebook is a perfect time-waster that consumes a lot of time.
I have to be on Facebook always because I am a blogger. I have to make connections so the best way to do that is through social media. It is important to build an online presence if you want your blog to flourish.

I have to be on Facebook always because I am a blogger. I have to make connections so the best way to do that is through social media. It is important to build an online presence if you want your blog to flourish.
Oh, I understand, but you're constantly on Facebook because you want to gain traffic to you're blog, it's a totally different purpose.

appleannie

I do not visit Facebook as much as I used to. In the beginning before my parents joined and their siblings, I think I was more of a Facebooker than I am now. I know that sounds bad, but my parents were young parents. They do not allow us to be ourselves and speak our minds as freely as we might be permitted to do otherwise as living in the United States. I am in my 40s and it seems they still go out of their way to embarrass me.

suegiplaye

I do not visit Facebook as much as I used to as well. I have a strong love for Instagram now , lol. Facebook is still popular , but I would rather just look at pics. It keeps things less complicated. I hope that one day something will come along that is better than Facebook and completely steal its shine.

Actually, I have now been really an active user of Facebook compared to before. Since I work in front of my laptop computer, I would often visit Facebook to catch up with my friends and relatives in between writing tasks. It's just one way of relieving stress.

sixxup

Nowadays I do not use Facebook as I used to, immediately after high school. That is when I needed a lot of friends since I did not want to be idle and lonely. Lately I have found some other things to do to generate an income. I do have blogs that keep me busy maintaining them. Lately I have preferred using Twitter more than Facebook.

JessieJ

I don't really go on Facebook as much as I used to. Facebook just isn't the same anymore. There are so many kids on it and abusing the privilege that Facebook offers.

FB was amusing at first, but then a couple of former girlfriends managed to find me, along with some people i just assume not have any contact with.

but worst, i made the mistake of "friending" my mother, who used FB to try to control me. it felt odd to de-friend my own mother!

Tuebec

I've only ever used Facebook to keep in contact with people who refused to use, or just couldn't use, other platforms or never answered their email. I find FB for the most part a lagging, irritating, ad-infested place, and I really don't care for the gossipy environment it seems to foster so well. I like blogging platforms better, as I find I can meet people I get along with and agree with, instead of talking to people just because I've met them before in person.

Jordan94

Not really. The only thing I really use daily is Messenger. To me it seems like Facebook is dying. Kind of like how Myspace did. I personally think Twitter and Vine will take over social media.

Tuebec

Jordan, I agree that it seems like Facebook is heading the direction of Myspace. Twitter's definitely a huge deal these days. As for Vine, I wondered, I've never personally used it, but I was under the impression it was mostly a video site, like youtube, but for shorter clips. Is there much of a social aspect to it?

To stay on topic with Facebook, what do you think might happen in attempts to prevent it dying down? We've already seen an increase in ads (funding), and slapping a bunch of iPhone-type games in. Theories on how they might combat the waning enthusiasm?

djordjem87

I am always online because i work from home on my laptop. It is not like i check every minute what is going on there but every now and then i do it. It is easier for me to find some friends that i need for work. We are always connected to each other and that i really like. i rarely use my phone these days. To be honest i do not have time to like,comment or post to much but it is more with purpose as i said.

artyarson

I'm not much of a fan in terms of Facebooks. I just follow the news from my favorite music bands and stuff like this.

I visit facebook as much as I used to visit in the past, however, the difference is on the time spent. In the past I used to spend hours every time I logged into facebook, however, these days I check notification, promote my contents so couple of social interactions and log out.

I think it's easy to lose track of time on Facebook and that's where people end up wasting their time. If you spend a few minutes on it everyday, it's fine. But spending hours on it just browsing through your news feed? Oh, that's kind of too much! However, it is a nice way to connect with people, market your service or learn new information. As long as you moderate it, there's nothing wrong with logging unto it.

djinter

No. Come to think of it, I visit fb maybe just once or twice a day. If its someone's birthday or something, I wish them on their wall, if I can't call them up for some reason. Other than that I don't really use fb that much.

zalan.reilly

I really don't care for the gossipy environment it seems to foster so well. I like blogging platforms better, as I find I can meet people I get along with and agree with, instead of talking to people just because I've met them before in person.

Last edited by a moderator: