Favourite website to visit while surfing the Internet?

What is the first website you visit when you sit infront of your laptop/computer?
Is it Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr (generally social media) or any other website like gmail.com or you're own website/blog?

Benson

I constantly find myself visiting Facebook first. Before I begin working online, I like to go to Facebook, chat with one or two people before I begin the professional part of my day. I do not really know if Facebook is my favorite site, because I prefer the sites where I make money more, but I just have this natural instinct to log into Facebook first before I do anything else. Despite all, I do not spend much time on Facebook. When I sign in, I check my updates, messages and browse through my feeds and then sign out after chatting with a friend a two. I make sure that I do not exceed one hour on Facebook. Despite this, there are few exceptional situations where I am tied to Facebook for more than an hour.

chasedood

My favorite website to visit is my own website, since that is mostly what I am doing when I am online. Also the others would be Facebook, Google, & DraftKings.

I constantly find myself visiting Facebook first. Before I begin working online, I like to go to Facebook, chat with one or two people before I begin the professional part of my day. I do not really know if Facebook is my favorite site, because I prefer the sites where I make money more, but I just have this natural instinct to log into Facebook first before I do anything else. Despite all, I do not spend much time on Facebook. When I sign in, I check my updates, messages and browse through my feeds and then sign out after chatting with a friend a two. I make sure that I do not exceed one hour on Facebook. Despite this, there are few exceptional situations where I am tied to Facebook for more than an hour.
Lol, Facebook is also the first website I go on when I first turn on my laptop, the problem is that whenever I go there I stay long hours chatting with my friends and can't log out, haha. :D And that's how I spend half of my day on Facebook. :-O

My favorite website to visit is my own website, since that is mostly what I am doing when I am online. Also the others would be Facebook, Google, & DraftKings.
So you have you're own business on the Internet, rightO? :D Oh, I have never heard of DraftKings before, what is the main purpose of that website? ;)

wilsonjr

When I roll out of bed bleary-eyed and switch on the computer it's always email first, then Facebook, then YouTube.. Listen to some music while I make breakfast, and then start working!

suegiplaye

What is the first website you visit when you sit infront of your laptop/computer?
Is it Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr (generally social media) or any other website like gmail.com or you're own webs
I am always checking on to Facebook, so I would say that it is the first website I visit first. I love messaging friends instead of talking on the phone. It is just an easier to talk to others for me. Plus, I advertise my blog on Facebook.

I would first check the sites I am currently working on. Then in between working, I would then go and visit my social media accounts. I would first check Facebook because that's where I communicate with most of my friends and relatives, then I would go to Twitter just to update it and post something about my day. Then after I have reached my daily quota, I would be off to entertain myself with YouTube or Tumblr.

sixxup

I first check out news on astronomy.com. I like being updates on latest news about space. I have been following the latest photos from spacecraft orbiting Pluto. After checking out about the news then I check new e mails before proceeding to any other work. Social media comes later.

I would first check the sites I am currently working on. Then in between working, I would then go and visit my social media accounts. I would first check Facebook because that's where I communicate with most of my friends and relatives, then I would go to Twitter just to update it and post something about my day. Then after I have reached my daily quota, I would be off to entertain myself with YouTube or Tumblr.
Doesn't visiting social media distract you while working online?

I first check out news on astronomy.com. I like being updates on latest news about space. I have been following the latest photos from spacecraft orbiting Pluto. After checking out about the news then I check new e mails before proceeding to any other work. Social media comes later.
Cool! I guess that a lot of us watch the news on TV or surf for news on the Internet. We all like knowing what's going on worldwide.

Sarleons

I Really pay attention to open my Windows Live Mail desktop client before opening any webpage because it gathers all my emails from different accounts, hence it makes me pay attention to webpages that send me important notification and require imminent login. Therefore checking my all email accounts is vital before doing any activity online and Live Mail client is the best solution for that.

Doesn't visiting social media distract you while working online?
It could distract you if you don't have self-discipline. But as for me, no, it has never distracted me. I like checking my social media sites in between work because work could be a little bit tedious at times, and I need some sort of reenergizer. :cool:

@dyanmarie25 Haha, I 'TRY' to stay away from everything while working online because I get distracted all the time, but I still can't manage taking a break and surfing on different websites once a while.

JessieJ

While browsing the web I always go on Facebook. I like to see what's going on around the world. I also love keeping in touch with my childhood friends on Facebook.

ericnail

It's probably a combination of Facebook and Gmail for me. Aside from that I'm all over the place. I suppose you could actually say that google.com is my favorite website but I don't really consider it to be a website, rather a tool to find websites.

I also like to frequent youtube.com, but not as much as Facebook or GMail.

Jordan94

I would have to say for me it's Opinion Outpost. It's a paid survey site where you get paid to take online surveys. I think you guys should check it out if you'd like to make some extra money, and yes it's free to join and legit.

djordjem87

I do not have one site that i visit first everyday but usually it is google. Sometimes i just open a browser and i search for something i remembered or have been dreaming. I like the news and some info pages like wikipedia. Even some fun related stuff like 9 gag. It is very nice to start a day with a smile on your face after all. Though i have some pages automatically opened on my browser i do not go there immediately. Facebook being one of them and You Tube.

artyarson

Most of all I like YouTube. It's almost priceless in terms of self-education and entertainment. So many great tutorials and just funny videos.

phlux

It really all depends for me. Most of the time, I am checking Reddit (specifically, reddit's college football subreddit, /r/cfb), Facebook, or Twitter. While my Twitter usage has definitely dipped in the past year or so, I still keep up with it when I'm looking for news that isn't being reported on at the time. For example: today, my bank was having issues, and I checked Twitter to see if anyone was discussing it. People were, which made me comfortable because A) I wasn't alone, and B) the bank's official Twitter account had replied to several accounts, indicating that they were aware of the problems.

When I'm not on social media, I'm usually logged into my university's portal to see what assignments I have coming up. It is nice being able to finish my degree online since I am a full-time employee with a wife and a child!

Other than that, I really don't have any particular browsing habits. I'm usually hanging around on IRC or some University of Alabama website somewhere. If you're ever on Freenode, hit me up!

cortana

Heh, one's I shouldn't type here! Ba dum tissssssssss!!

Usually work related sites in the humor/news niche.

cortana

It's insane how big space is, that we can't even process in our heads how far out it goes and what the other life forms look like.

Probably just a mirror image of us.

Oh wait, we're in the Matrix. We're just pixels...lol

As soon as I connect to internet, I check my mails on Gmail and Outlook. After I read, reply and delete mails, then after I check my website and approve/disapprove comments and check site status, and then I log into the sites where I make money. Finally when I am about to disconnect, I check facebook notification.

ellyjude

I like olx.co.ke because it keeps me updated on latest jobs in my country. It is my favorite website currently.

My favourite websites are:

1. YouTube
2. Blogger
3. Wordpress
4. Tumblr
5. Instagram
6. Facebook
7. Pinterest

That's it! Lol! It's quite a lot because I love browsing through social media and watching videos as well.

zalan.reilly

What is the first website you visit when you sit reverse image search email checker port checker infront of your laptop/computer?
Is it Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr (generally social media) or any other website like gmail.com or you're own website/blog?
I would first check Facebook because that's where I communicate with most of my friends and relatives, then I would go to Twitter just to update it and post something about my day.

Last edited: