IMAP Folders

Turbowarp

I am trying to create filters for when an email arrives with a certain subject to go into a special folder. How can I (or users) create imap folders in users email accounts on my cPanel VPS?

Also, do rules/filters have to be created while logged into cpanel? Or can I create rules in Squirrel Mail, Roundcube or Horde that are placed on the server?

Thanks

Turbowarp

I can't figure this out. If I create a folder on Thunderbird or my phone's IMAP client, that folder does not get created on the server. Same as if I create the folder via Horde or Roundcube; the folder doesn't make it to Thunderbird or my phone client.

I have refreshed, rebooted, retried multiple times but no joy with creating folders. Any ideas of what is wrong?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Have the folders been subscribed to in the mail client (webmail and thunderbird?)

Turbowarp

None of the folders that I created on the webmail were available on Tbird, so I couldn't subscribe to them. I went to sleep last night and tried something different this morning. Somehow, for my setup, any way; as far as my Thunderbird is concerned, my login is "myusername@mydomain@myvpsserver"

Do you think this could be a problem down the road anywhere?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
If this is a cpanel server myusername@mydomain@myvpsserver is off, but make sure that is not just the name it calls the profile not the username.

Turbowarp

If this is a cpanel server myusername@mydomain@myvpsserver is off, but make sure that is not just the name it calls the profile not the username.

Maybe you are right... maybe I'm not sure what I did to make it start working now. I go back to where I thought I had changed it and it isn't formatted like that. IDK