Little bit of spam

Ryan Maxey

nonsiccus

Haha, I guess you're getting exactly what you're asking for though if you're choosing to subscribe to all of the threads. You can also just check the forum itself for the mark indicating that there's a new unread message in a thread that you've been previously involved in.

NatureSun

Just go to your settings and make it so you don't receive email for every thread in which you post. It's easy enough.

If you don't then you're automatically subscribed to all the threads you post on and get alerts for them.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
You will be able to unsubscribe from the threads in the xenforo control panel.

zolppi

I can't stop laughing. Same thing happened with my website. I had coded it poorly. Every time when somebody sent an idea for my game, the system sent 20 messages to me. What went wrong? I don't know, it's still a mystery...

cpwebsite

You can change that in your settings if you do not like it. However for forums that I like more, or enjoy being a part of more, than I keep those notifications active and actually take the time to look through them.

nonsiccus

You can change that in your settings if you do not like it. However for forums that I like more, or enjoy being a part of more, than I keep those notifications active and actually take the time to look through them.

It's probably a great idea to leave yourself subscribed to a thread where you're requesting troubleshooting advice in. On the other hand, subbing to a thread where people are piping in with their favourite flavour of Linux (or ice cream) might not be so useful... you know, unless you want ice cream.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
I just updated xenforo a few minutes ago, I wonder if some email bugs where in it that got fixed.

nonsiccus

Take note of the timestamp :p They all got received at one time. Did it just now too.

My mistake, I didn't notice that the time stamps were all for 7:30. I guess that's the downfall of jumping to conclusions without even clicking the thumbnail haha.

Is the image from your email client or is it from the forum itself? If it's your email client, it could have been possible that there was some sort of mail issue either on interserver's or your client's end, so that mail got queued up and delivered all at once? Just spitballing as I've seen that happen before, where some sort of connectivity problem will jam things up and release a ton of mail at the same time.

I've had that problem happen to me sometimes where I sign up for a new forum and post a bunch and as a result get a bunch of spam in my email but normally deleting some email and unsubscribing in 15 minutes is enough.

fire421

That is how my email looks except ten times worse because I am a member of five threads and use Facebook, twitter, and pinterest.

Rowe992

You need to unsubscribe to the threads in the forum. I had this problem with other forums but I just unsubscribe from the forum or the threads. It is annoying when your mailbox gets filled with these notifications when you can just log in to the forum and see the messages there.