Setting up my Domain name

tom437

Hello,

I got a VPS and I want to point my domain name to my it from my old VPS. My domain name is host with godaddy and all my e-mail go to godaddy and I want it to same that way.

Now, how do I set up my domain name to point to my website? I'm really really a newbie at this.

Any help thank you.

Tom

welcome tom.

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS USE GODADDY

please move the domain to namecheap.com ;-)

imho, get a free account at cloudns.net to manage your DNS records, then use the cloudns.net nameservers:
ns1.cloudns.net
ns2.cloudns.net
ns3.cloudns.net
ns4.cloudns.net

from there, you simply create an "A" record pointing to your assigned IP number. i usually create a quick "hello-world" html file to make sure things are working.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
You can use cdns1/cdns2.interserver.net as well right in https://my.interserver.net

No need to sign up for another service, even if it is free.

Go to domains -> dns manager

enter your domain + ip and click create. Once done change dns to

cdns1.interserver.net
cdns2.interserver.net
cdns3.interserver.net

Sean Lich

Did you ever figure it out? I HATE dealing with godaddy any time I want a domain to point somewhere else OTHER than there server.

They really make it quite the hassle. Not sure why everyone seems to go with them.

tom437

Did you ever figure it out? I HATE dealing with godaddy any time I want a domain to point somewhere else OTHER than there server.

They really make it quite the hassle. Not sure why everyone seems to go with them.
Hello,

It was not godaddy at fault. The problem was that (htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration). interserver.net did a great job fixing it.

Hey,
interserver.net, thank you again.

Sean Lich

Hello,

It was not godaddy at fault. The problem was that (htaccess: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration). interserver.net did a great job fixing it.

Hey,
interserver.net, thank you again.

Well that is good. I guess I was just venting a tad, yknow? Definitely not my experience (it is ALWAYS goDaddy's fault ;)

It just seems like any time problems arise, it is always on godaddy's end. At least with everyone I deal with :X