What's a good free web hosting?

mrcaboom

I'm looking for some web hosting that is good and free. I will be doing websites again, and the main problem I be having is the hosting. The hosting has to be free, and it has to be real good. By any chance there is no hosting out there like that, could someone tell me the cheapest best one. Also, don't say Hostgator already tried that.

mrcaboom

Doubt you will fine reliable free hosting, but you can get your first month at a penny here at interserver.
After the first month how much will it be? I might be looking for something cheap but good. I had trouble coming up with something from a month to month basis. For some odd reason I just can't explain why.

Grumpy

007Webhost is a semi-reliable free web host. I say semi-reliable, because they do have some downtime at stages, but they have been going strong for many years now without actually closing down or anything, and they do seem to be funded quite well, but as you can imagine - any free service can shut, at any time. So you definitely need to be careful with who you choose, and make sure you're taking regular backups whichever choice you make.

mikelouis

I have never wanted to use free hosting after a couple of disappointments. I think you should just spend a few dollars per month for your hosting rather than relying on free hosting.

bauss

Host4Post is a decent free host. It's a a reliable host, and if there's going to be downtime they will send you a notification via email. It's also a post to host, so you have to make monthly posts to keep your hosting plan.

dadiehost

You can find the best web hosting services from Google, it depends what is your budget and what packages you want to choose.

Jonesy

Take a look at sites like b2evolution.net, where they aggregate and rate web hosting sites (under the 'hosting' tab). I typically have found that the free ones end up costing you more of your time and frustration. You can get some hosting plans where it is only a couple of dollars a month.

JaydonTyler

For the small price per month, might as well pull out the pocket change. Free hosting can't be that great. I tried it long ago and hated it.

sanders89

I agree with dadiehost about the web hosting services from google. I don't know that you are going to be able to find a reliable one for free though, I think that you you will end up paying a little bit. I don't know if it will be monthly or for a year subscription. Good luck to you.

InterWinter

Doubt you will fine reliable free hosting, but you can get your first month at a penny here at interserver.

Completely agree. I used to use free hosting for a while, I was constantly plagued with slow loading times, IPs being randomly banned, little to no support and extremely low up times. I wouldn't recommend going with free hosting, try to get some paid hosting!

Intensity

You get what you pay for when it comes to free hosting... Most of the guys giving things away for free are just starting out and you may lose your content (db/files). I am sure someone has made this comment in the thread already though. I'd say put in the coin to get decent priced hosting with a reliable hosting company, or just start your own web-server.

lwhite36

I haven't had too much luck with the free ones. So, I would just pay a little money out of pocket to get something a little better.

jfab

I like Wix. Their made-templates are awesome. You just have to pick the ones you like. I love how easy it it to navigate with it too. Totally user-friendly. I highly recommend.

hansenlaw

I'm looking for some web hosting that is good and free. I will be doing websites again, and the main problem I be having is the hosting. The hosting has to be free, and it has to be real good. By any chance there is no hosting out there like that, could someone tell me the cheapest best one. Also, don't say Hostgator already tried that.

You probably want to invest some money in your startup, your best bet is to find something affordable that you can experiment with for the first few months until you get on your feet and then look for a regular.

I highly doubt you would find any good free web hosting - whatever you are doing is probably a business of some sort and any business requires and investment if you are interested if getting anywhere. However, I'm looking forward to seeing if anything good comes out of this discussion.

Rohan99

I use 1freewebhosting. I got accepted immediately after sign up and also my domain name was almost instantly created. The control panel is very organized and features a lot of great tools to use. The file manager is also very fast and easy to use even for a beginner like myself when I first joined.

The ones that I mention are free web hosting
wix.com
yola.com
byethost.com
Check them out! :)
I hope that I helped you out.

Zergeous

Hello @mrcaboom,
I would not suggest you to use a free hosting provider as they are usually unreliable and will not help you if you ever runs into any issues.
Another bad thing with free hosts are that they tend to have a very strict CPU limit, and in some cases they will suspend your entire hosting account if you exceeds it.

I've not used many free hosts myself, but a friend of mine uses GrendelHosting and they seem quite good for being a free host.

Hope that my answer helped,
Zergeous

Dez97

I'm not sure for websites hosting themselves, however I do know that blogger is good for free web hosting. As long as you promote you're content or site yourself their very reliable.

titohunter

Honestly the free one's are pretty crappy. You might as well wait until you have a little pocket change and get one that's worth something.

themonk3y

000webhost is a nice web hosting which provides their services for free. If you are saying good in terms of features then they have pretty decent features for a free web hosting. If you are asking for good in terms of up time, then I have to say that they are ok. I think you should try for them for your selves and you would like them considering they are free. I have been using them for over 2 years now, they only had a few down falls along the road. I have had an over all nice experience with them.

themonk3y

I like Wix. Their made-templates are awesome. You just have to pick the ones you like. I love how easy it it to navigate with it too. Totally user-friendly. I highly recommend.
As far as I know wix is a sort of a free website builder which allows you to build your website for free and easily. They do not have a web hosting plan. At least they did not have one a couple of months back, have they started offering web hosting for websites ??

titohunter

000webhost is a nice web hosting which provides their services for free. If you are saying good in terms of features then they have pretty decent features for a free web hosting. If you are asking for good in terms of up time, then I have to say that they are ok. I think you should try for them for your selves and you would like them considering they are free. I have been using them for over 2 years now, they only had a few down falls along the road. I have had an over all nice experience with them.
Is that the name of the website?

Zergeous

As far as I know wix is a sort of a free website builder which allows you to build your website for free and easily. They do not have a web hosting plan. At least they did not have one a couple of months back, have they started offering web hosting for websites ??

Wix is still just a sitebuilder, and you can not host regular websites and such using their service. Also when you use their service, your website will be full of ads for Wix and it will not look very good.

themonk3y

The ones that I mention are free web hosting
wix.com
yola.com
byethost.com
Check them out! :)
I hope that I helped you out.

Wix and Yola are not free web hosting companies. They only offer you to create a website for free with their free website builder. Since mrcaboom mentioned hostgator it is very unlikely that he would be looking for a free website builder. I think he is looking for a free web hosting which offers to host any sort of website for free and does not has the restriction of a website builder.

byethost.com is a free web hosting but they do not allow you to create MySQL database, at least the the last time I tried to use it, which is really important these days especially if you are trying to install a script on their server. They say they offer to create MySQL database on their main page but when you go in to the Cpanel to create a database it says that it is available for only paid members.

Wix is still just a sitebuilder, and you can not host regular websites and such using their service. Also when you use their service, your website will be full of ads for Wix and it will not look very good.

Website's with a lot of ads look really unprofessional. I have never created a website with Wix but I have used webs.com in the past they used to display only one banner ad in the header.