When it comes to finding hosting

ShaneVP

When it comes to finding some hosting for your website, what do you search for? Is money a concern when buying hosting or are you feeling happy to spend whatever it needs? Maybe you like to have a budget with hosting and only pay for what you need and then upgrade when needed?

prey

No, it isn't. I usually just go with the most expensive one, but I also use cheaper ones for my forums, like hostgator, because the user base doesn't currently need a $1000 hosting plan, in my opinion. If by any chance it will manage to pay itself through advertisement, then I will opt out for the forums, too, why not? :)

phunkinc

Generally, in life, you get what you pay for. I'd recommend not going super cheap with hosting, especially you want data integrity or security. Just my two cents.

Jacobr5000

I use the shared hosting plan with Dreamhost. What I mainly look for is relatively cheap hosting that can host multiple websites with little downtime. Dreamhost does that perfectly fine from my experience. I use to have GoDaddy, but I needed more than what they had to offer.

themonk3y

Most of the popular web hosting charge almost the same amount per month. I usually do some research on the internet before singing up to a web hosting. The thing that I take in to consideration is the up time and response time of their servers. I don't mind paying an extra dollar or two for better up time.

Dez97

I normally get anything that's free right now as I can't afford many much more than that. For my blogs I use blogger because they host for free, and your blog is right on the web. Also I tried to use WordPress but it just didn't work as well for me.

calebmelvern

I normally get anything that's free right now as I can't afford many much more than that. For my blogs I use blogger because they host for free, and your blog is right on the web. Also I tried to use WordPress but it just didn't work as well for me.
It's really easy to at least break even when you have your own site. If you pay around 5-7 bucks a month for hosting, you can get that amount back through ads or affiliate earnings. I recommend you give WordPress another shot. It's worth it, trust me.

calebmelvern

I have also used iPage and bluehost those two are also cheap web hostings because you pay 2$ (iPage) and 4$ bluehost and for hostgator you pay also 4$.
Since you've been using hosting companies under EIG, can you share your experience with them? I've been hearing a lot about how terrible downtimes are becoming over at HostGator and BlueHost. Have you had any problems with them?

Chasedood85

When I am searching for web hosting for a website then first off I look for a decent price. Secondly I look to make sure that the hosting company has the feature that I am looking for and I also look at reviews online and see how their support team is, because that is very important.

calebmelvern

I also look at reviews online and see how their support team is, because that is very important.
This is worth repeating. I think so many make the mistake of ignoring customer support when looking for a hosting provider. You wouldn't want to wait several days - or weeks - before you get a reply if you encounter a problem with your site. Some of the most popular hosting companies have the worst customer support in the industry.

SuperiorCallz

Money is definitely a concern and so is ease of use. I've been with so many hosts which have a horrible control panel and horrible customer support that it is unbelievable. Another factor is definitely speed.

zalan.reilly

When it comes to finding some hosting for your website, what do you search for? Is money a concern when buying hosting or are you feeling happy to spend whatever it needs? Maybe you like to have a Speed Test budget with hosting and only pay for what you need and then upgrade when needed?
I usually do some research on the internet before singing up to a web hosting. The thing that I take in to consideration is the up time and response time of their servers.

tony_maguire

Website hosting in three easy steps
  1. Buy a domain name. The first step to creating a website is registering a domain name.
  2. Select a hosting provider. Every site needs a web host — the company that provides servers that store your website and make it available online for others to view.
  3. Choose a hosting plan.
Regards,
Tony M