WordPress Hosting w/ Google Domain Name & SSL

seochronic

1. How do I use a domain name I already purchased from Google Domains as the domain name for a new Managed WordPress setup?
  2. I can't transfer the domain name from Google Domains yet. I think I have to wait a few months?
  3. How do I utilize the SSL/HTTPS (that InterServer includes with the Managed WordPress setup) with my domain name sitting over at Google Domains?

I would like to buy another Managed WordPress plan and use my domain name over at Google Domains with the free/included SSL/HTTPS (that's included with the InterServer Managed WordPress plan).

Thank You for ALL Your Help!

-Tank

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
1) For a google domain you just need to update the nameservers to interserver. As long as you have the ability to do this the domain stays with google domains (the registrar) but points to interserver.
2) Check that they allow nameservers changes. It isn't a registrar change.
3) The ssl is freely added, with out intervention on your end, once the domain actually points to the interserver side.

seochronic

Hello,
1) For a google domain you just need to update the nameservers to interserver. As long as you have the ability to do this the domain stays with google domains (the registrar) but points to interserver.
2) Check that they allow nameservers changes. It isn't a registrar change.
3) The ssl is freely added, with out intervention on your end, once the domain actually points to the interserver side.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and make everything clear.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

-Tank

seochronic

What about using a domain name that is currently setup with G Suite for Google Mail?

I have a domain name I bought through Google Domains that I have setup with G Suite. If I change the nameservers, my G Suite mail becomes unauthenticated. Is there any way I can setup webhosting with Interserver to use Google's nameservers so my G Suite business mail doesn't get screwed up?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
MX records can be set to gmail/google while hosting is at interserver. It just needs to be done before the dns change.

pawlo.litasi

Hello,
2) Check that they allow nameservers changes. It filezilla rufus isn't a registrar change.
  1. I think I have to wait a few months?
  2. How do I utilize the SSL/HTTPS (that InterServer includes with the Managed WordPress setup) with my domain name sitting over at Google Domains?

Last edited: